|Machine Robo: Battle Hackers|
(Machine Robo: Butchigiri Battlehackers)
|Original run||1987-06-03 – 1987-12-30|
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers (マシンロボ ぶっちぎりバトルハッカーズ Mashin Robo: Butchigiri Batoruhakkāzu ) is a Japanese animated television series produced by Ashi Productions. It ran on TV Tokyo from June 3, 1987 through December 30, 1987.
Connection to Revenge of CronosEdit
In the finale of Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos, the Machine Robo decide to leave planet Cronos after defeating Gandler so that they can fight against evil in a new dimension. When they cross the dimensional barrier, the Machine Robo (sans Rom and Leina Stol) appear on Electronic Planet B1 with no memory of events from the previous series.
In the year 406AE, the Electronic Planet B-1 falls prey to the Mechanoid space gang Gurendos. To fight back against them, the Machine Robo join forces to form the Algo Republic. Meanwhile, a large starship with five humans in suspended animation malfunctions and crash lands on B-1. Emerging from their ship, they find themselves caught up in the struggle between the Gurendos forces and the Algo Republic, eventually joining forces with the rough-and-tumble bunch of Machine Robo known as the Battle Hackers team to help save B-1 and eventually find a way back to Earth. In the final episode it is discovered that the robotic wars of Electronic Planet B1 were created by humans as a testing ground for arms traders.
- The Mother Computer that commands the Algo Army.
The most dangerous unit in the Algo Army, it is comprised of the misfits, hotheads, and dropouts of the Machine Robo.
- R. JeTan: The leader of the Battle Hackers. Transforms from robot to jet to tank. Carries the "R. Bazooka" and sub-rifle.
- Garzack: Non-transforming sub-commander, his weapon is the "Garfire Special".
- Mach Blaster: A triple changer that can go from robot to jet to gun.
- Drill Crusher: "Muscle"-type character. Can transform from robot to drill-tank to rhinoceros.
- Fossil Lords
- Pro Truck Racer (voice: Nobuaki Fukuda)
- Former Silver Wolves member. Carries the Big Blazer Cannon.
- Pilots the Jet Riser
- Pilots the Battle Riser
- Pilots the Power Riser
- Toyota Soarer Patrol Car
- Hornet Buggy. Called Dirt Robo in the anime.
- Lotus F1. Called Racer Robo in the anime.
The new team name of the Battle Clan from Revenge of Cronos. Composed of the land and sea robots.
- Leader of the Silver Wolves. Transforms into a drill-tank. He is the Renegade Screw Head in the GoBots series.
Team name of the Jet Clan from Revenge of Cronos. Composed of the aerial robots.
- Leader of the White Thunder. He can turn into a jet. Fights with "Tenkū Shin Ken (天空真剣, Sky True Sword)" style sword. He is the Renegade Fitor in the GoBots series.
- Leader of the Blue Dragons. Transforms into a diamond.
Team name of the Martial Arts Robo/Cronos Clan from Revenge of Cronos.
- Leader of the Red Knights.
The villians of the series. The group's name derives from the term guren-tai (愚連隊 hoodlums)
- An evil computer that controls the Gurendos.
- Second-in-command of the Gurendos. His name is based on gakuran.
- Kariage (刈り上げ) loosely translates to "hair cropped close in the back".
- Name derived from sorikomi (剃り込み).
- A yakuza swordsman. Rides a Mercedes-Benz. Name derived from Ya-san (ヤーサン), a slang term for Yakuza.
- Named derived from shibumi.
- Sorikondar's aide. Speaks in Kansai dialect. Named after the phrase Suji no toranai (筋の通らない)
- Named derived from kizu (scar).
- Named derived from shinobi (ninja).
- Igarn (イガーン)
- Named derived from Iga, an ancient ninja province.
- Shitappa means "underling".
- Six monstrous robots that can combine into the giant Devil Satan 6 robot. In the anime they are referred to by number instead of name.
- Gillhead (played by Kenichi Ono): The head. Speaks Kansai dialect.
- Barabat: Left arm.
- Death Claw: Right arm.
- Groguillon: Torso.
- Eyegos: Right Leg.
- Blugoda: Left Leg.